A Tandem cycle is an in vitro fertilisation treatment with a woman’s own eggs collected in line with donor eggs. Effectively two egg collections are carried out and the sperm of the partner/sperm donor is prepared in the laboratory and fertilisation (injecting the sperm of the patient’s partner) takes place. The embryos prepared in the laboratory are then transferred to the mother’s womb at the appropriate time, the best quality embryo is selected.
Couples looking to undergo IVF treatment will either have reasons relating to female or male-infertility (50%):
- Egg reserve (capacity) decrease (due to age, genetic reasons, chocolate cysts, past surgeries, etc.);
- Couples who want to have children at a more mature age;
- Women with a fully functioning uterus but whose ovaries do not produce eggs due to premature menopause (this affects 1-2% of women under the age of 40);
- Women who have had their ovaries removed because of treatment for cancer, pelvic infection or endometriosis;
- Women whose ovaries have been damaged because of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Women who were born without functioning ovaries due to a chromosomal factor such as Turner Syndrome
- Women who have had poor ovarian responses to hormonal stimulation after many IVF attempts, failure of egg collection or poor egg quality;
- Women who have a high risk of passing on genetic disorders such as haemophilia, muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s chorea;
- Couples with recurrent miscarriages due to chromosomal abnormalities;
- Older women who have poorly functioning ovaries.
- Egg donors are anonymous and will not be known to the recipient couples (unless they bring their own donor). Under Cyprus legislation, the donor has a right to anonymity;
- Egg donors are healthy women, between the age of 20 and 28;
- There should be no family history of genetic or inheritable diseases;
- No history or mental disorders;
- No history of sexually transmitted disease, pelvic inflammatory disease or history of Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism because of the increased risk of complications following egg collection.
Your chances of success with Donor eggs is over 70% with Egg Donation and own egg success is related to the age of the patient but overall the chances are high for a successful transfer.
How long do I need to spend in Cyprus?
Treatment from start to finish will be 21 days and you only need to be here in Cyprus for a minimum of 7 nights. Treatment can begin in your own country and then we can co-ordinate treatment around desired travel dates.
The cost of ICSI with your own eggs combined with donor eggs and your partners’ sperm starts from 6,500 Euros and this includes:
CYPRUS HOPE FERTILITY
Offering full-spectrum fertility care and wellness services with top of class care. Let’s treat the whole you. Get the fertility facts. Easy appointment-booking
Get your free consultation and we can help plan your treatment and travel today. No hidden fees and we can offer a full IVF package. Contact us today